The Moneybookers payment gateway offers recurring payment options, without an 'ending date', but does NOT offer any trial period.
To avoid potential conflicts with payment gatway processing we recommend that if you are using recurring / trial subscriptions that you only use ONE payment gatway in your system. Using multiple gateways in the same AS configuration while recurring subscriptions are enabled may result in problems. If you must use multiple payment gateways with recurring/trial subscriptions, please click here to read some special instructions.
Here are the features made available by Moneybookers.
Moneybookers allows you to automatically re-charge the user at a set interval.
You can configure the recurring payment option using one of the following options
These would be the effects of the settings (Period / Recurring times)
- D / 30 - The subscription would be automatically renewed every day for 30 days
(charge at the time of initial subscription and then again every day, then stop charginge, and end subscription, after 30 days)
- M / 6 - The subscription would be automatically renewed every month 6 times (6 months)
Moneybookers does NOT offer any trial periods.
Configuring the Merchant Gateway
To ensure that your recurring/trial subscriptions work properly, please make sure that you have configured Google Checkout in this way:
- Go to Moneybookers and select Merchant Tools
- Set the Secret Word (This should be your secure word which will be used by the plugin to verify the source of the received data and prevent frauds.
Setting the recurring parameters
To establish recurring or trial subscriptions you just enter the fields necessary as indicated below into the 'Parameters' field in the Subscription Type screen.
Recurring Payments Parameters
Value / Description
|is_recurring||integer||Yes||This field enables the recurring payments for the subscription type.
It must always have a value = 1 (if you are using recurring or trial)
|recurring_period||integer||Yes||Any integer value|
|recurring_period_unit||string||Yes||Units of duration.
D, M, or Y
- A weekly subscription
- Regular subscription = $17.99/wk
Set the "Value" of the subscription = $17.99
- A quarterly subscription (billed every 4 months)
- Regular subscription = $24.99/quarter
Set the "Value" of the subscription = $24.99
Some General Notes
- All the recurring fields must be entered in the "Parameters" field of the "Edit Type" form in the admin panel.
- Recurring payments configuration is represented by the "field=value" pairs.
Each "field=value" pair should be entered on a new line.
There shouldn't be a white-space between the field, "=" sign and the value.
This tutorial is valid for Ambra Subscriptions version 3.4.x+
|< Prev||Next >|